Saturday, September 15, 2007

Good Morning Everyone!


September 15, 2007. It is 7:00 a.m. here in Guatemala City and I have finally had a good nights sleep. I woke this morning with the excitement of seeing Nic again today. I keep looking at all our pictures. Our flights went easy (after we finally made it) and Chris was such a sport about running to catch the plane. He wanted to say something to me, but bit his tongue. lol When we arrived in Guatemala we were interviewed on camera regarding the new improvements to the airport, unless you have been here you can't imagine what it is like coming out of the airport. I believe it was the closest either of us will get to the red carpet experience. As you walk out there are people lined on both sides with signs for loved ones, adoptions, business, and everyone is shouting. Then there is the camera and microphone. We thought we were Brad Pitt & Angelina for a minute. lol Chris laughed I didn't miss a beat from my old days on the microphone and answered the questions like they were interviewing Vanna White. lol We were nervous for a few minutes because our scheduled pick up was not there. The traffic is like New York, and when she finally arrived she was wonderful. She helped us check-in (the Marriott is gorgeous) and gave us some time to explore before bringing Nicco over. HAVE WE TOLD YOU HOW WONDERFUL HE IS? (better get used to it) While he is no where near as hairy(head) as the other babies, I do believe he was cuter. And he had them all beat on the personality factor. A delightful mix of Chris & Tony attitude and will hold his own with them just fine. Tony he may even boss YOU around! Chris said, like with Tony "I was instantly in love" he was such the excited father and even said he can't wait to help (HUH??). I love him. I think we really need another girl in the mix to even things out though. lol Maybe we are becoming Brad & Angie. lol I will close this morning with this thought. May everyone who reads this be allowed to experience the love and joy in our hearts today for themselves at least once in their lifetimes.

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Hi, had to laugh b/c my husband I said the exact same thing about feeling like celebs when we arrived at the Guatemala airport. Good luck with everything, I hope you are feeling better, I know how hard it is to leave. I will keep your family in my prayers for a speedy process.