Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ain't he sweet?



July 23, 2008. Early morning with Nicco as he is back to getting up at 6. I don't know how he does it with the little power naps he takes. I still have not gotten a nap in his crib longer than 15 minutes yet. Thank god he has slept through the night easily since he has been home. I'd be one tired mommy, especially at my age! So glad my Doc told me to stop rocking him to sleep like that, we'd still be playing that game. I rock him now until he is restless or drowsy and lay him down and off he goes. Sometimes he will cry a little, but has never cried longer than 5 minutes and off to sleep. To think I would have kept holding him all night long or sleeping with him. It is so amazing how they train you, if you let them. So happy to hear my friends have an out today! Kim, it's been a long time coming and we wish you good luck!

3 comments:

Gail said...

Johanna is the same way. I could hold her, rock her, pat her, etc. all night and she won't go to sleep. As soon as I tell her goodnight and walk out the door she goes to sleep.
Gail

Cheri said...

Kelly...You hit the nail on the head. Malaena-Sloan has trained us so well at certain things. She has this look that she knows when she does it, she gets whatever! It's fun, isn't it?!!! Nicco is precious and growing rapid-pace! Cheri

Kim, Steve and Zack said...

Kelly, Nicco is such a cutie!!! and growing so fast...
Thank you for the the Congrats!!!
It was a long day coming!! I hope to be coming home in 4-5 weeks... until then Antigua is HOME LOL