Thursday, April 30, 2009

1 year ago today...



April 30, 2009. I had just settled into my room at the Marriott in Guatemala city. I was so excited to spend some time with my best friend Stephanie. We hadn't seen each other in so many years, and there she was holding my hand through all of this. I could hardly believe in just 2 days I would be holding Nicco forever, and was I scared! Chris was home working and pacing the floors. He may have been more nervous than I was and we both new this was going to be a long wait. I remember so many things going through my mind that night. I wondered if you would still remember me, would you still like me? And whatever would I do if you didn't? I wish I would have known it was going to be this easy. That you would be so spectacular, a happy little guy, and we would fall madly in love. Soon we will celebrate our first forever family day. We couldn't love you anymore than we do!

3 comments:

Kim, Steve and Zack said...

I can't beleive it has been almost a yr already. Where has the time went? It seems like time was at a stand still while we was waiting and is now flying by...
Nicco is such a cutie and I'm sure once he gets talking more it will be nonstop!! LOl

The Adoption Journey of Baby King said...

I wish the time now would seem to move as slow as the wait time did.

It is hard to believe how this little person can fit so wonderfully in your lives.

He is so cute. I can't wait to meet you all.

Congrats!

Angie's blog said...

Great memories!