Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easter Bunny!



April 5, 2009. We went to visit the Easter Bunny last Saturday. Poor Tony, he is such a good sport. Nicco really didn't need Tony there this time, he loved the bunny! We had a hard time trying to get the picture with Nicco looking at the camera. He kept looking at the Easter bunny saying "hi" with a big smile on his face. I wish you could hear what was going on in their minds.
My birthday was last Saturday as well, I am getting close to 50! Christopher gave me a card with a message every day for my Birthday week. My favorite was the one in the photo above. It say's "Love, having no geography, knows no boundaries." from Truman Capote. I love this card and couldn't have said it better.
I talked with Joey, she is awaiting her Visa and very excited to go to Australia soon. I am excited for her. She has that same sense for adventure that I had. I spent my 20's & 30's traveling with my career and moved to several states before finally settling in. In St. Louis of all places? Still surprising to me to this day. My dad always said I had Gypsy blood in me. lol. Maybe Joey does too.
Do they fish fry anywhere else in the world? We have just spent our last few Fridays meeting our family for the Friday fish fry's for lent. We finished it off with our family favorite, the Mexican fish fry in our old neighborhood. Some of the best Mexican food you will ever eat! We waited for 2 hours in the line and got there early! The line was around the building by the time we left. It is getting quite popular here. If you are in St. Louis and haven't been, you are missing it! They have full entertainment and church tours. They offer both English mass and Spanish, with 80% Hispanic parishners. I think we are going to try and baptize Nicco here in Spanish. The school is fantastic and if we lived closer this would be the place for Nicco to attend, I really like the curriculum.
Our 1 year Anniversary is fast approaching! I can hardly believe it has been a year. It is going by too fast. Nicco will be 2 soon. Somebody slow this down for me.

1 comment:

The Adoption Journey of Baby King said...

So cute! I love his smile! We are getting together for a playdate April 25 at Faust Park Playground (by the Butterfly House), if you are available. (I think around 11ish..it is not finalized yet).

Happy Bday!!!