Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2 Years ago Today...


May 5,2009. Happy Cinco De Mayo!! It was 2 years ago today that Christopher & I sat in our local Mexican restaurant discussing our options with adoption. We kept looking over information for Russia but I never felt committed to the program. I KNEW Nicco was in Guatemala and it was on this day that Christopher knew it too. I'm not sure what sends you in the right direction of where your child is, it's just something you know. We started our process with an application shortly after and it would be a year later that Nicco would come home to our family forever. Today we took Nicco for dinner at our restaurant and he enjoyed the tortillas and beans. We had an amazing night together. I can't believe you have almost been with us a year already little buddy. Sometimes it seems like you have always been here, always inside our hearts. The picture above was taken shortly after our decision, my have we changed. Hoping everyone enjoyed their Cinco De Mayo as much as we did..

No comments: