Sunday, October 28, 2007

What's in a name?

October 28, 2007. No news on Nicco lately, but I have had several people ask about his name. Nicco, pronounced nee-co, which is Italian & Greek, is a variant of Nicholas. It means victory of the people, mythological Nike was Greek goddess of victory and root origin for Nicholas. Anyone who knows Chris or has googled him knows why this is important. We came to Nicco because although I loved the name Nic, I (Kelly)did not like Nicholas. Cristiano pronounced Chris-tay-ah-no, which is Spanish & Italian, means follower of Christ. The definition says people with this name tend to be very inspired,intuitive and creative. Their aim is to improve the world and can be quite altruistic. They strive to see the "big picture" and achieve their dreams. Again, if you know Chris, you understand why this is important. I (Kelly) chose this name because it was a variant of Christopher and both Spanish & Italian. A mix of both of us if you will. It's meaning is also everything I admire in Chris and it just made sense to me.

No comments: