Monday, November 5, 2007

Colom Elected President

November 5, 2007. I'm not really sure what this means to our adoption, but, Guatemala now has a new president Alvaro Colom. It sounds as if the elections went off without any major issues, which is great news! We are hoping this will now move along the talks to add in a grandfather clause for our adoption. I will be off to visit soon, Nicco's luggage is starting to get ridiculous! I have also started on the nursery finally. I thought it would take us forever to get the decals off the wall. Guess what? I bought more..lol I found some really cool circles I thought I would put above the closet with each letter of his name on them. I think they should look good on the striped walls. We shall see...
No new word on Nicco court process updates, PA, PGN, won't expect anything until around the end of November. Knock on wood, we have been right on time so far :)

1 comment:

Gail said...

I read on another blog that the new president is "totally for adoption." Guess that is good news for us.
Gail